Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Adventures in Knitting

I've been following several blogs recently of women who knit. They are talented and prolific, and last November I started yearning to be able to knit, too. I told myself that after the craziness of Christmas I would learn to knit. I got a book from the yarn store and some needles and yarn, and found an easy pattern on the internet. After making a practice swatch, I began a scarf. Here is what it looks like so far:

My second project is for a friend of mine who has a new baby. I made my first hat.

It was fun! I am learning so much from this, and oh my, it is addictive. I enjoy going into the yarn shops, though my hubby is a bit shocked at the expenses. I've discovered Ravelry. And my kids are clamoring for me to make them something. I might just have another project or two up my sleeve....

No comments: