Friday, February 18, 2011

Recent Knitting

I have not kept up with recording my knitting projects on Ravelry the past several months. I'm not even sure I got photos of all my Christmas knitting. So with the sunshine today (which washed out all my pics) I tried to get photos of what I've been working on lately.

I started this Swirl Shawl almost 2 years ago when Aaron was in the hospital. It consists of 82 individually knit hexagons. I enjoy working on it, but it has hibernated for months at a time, when I would get bored of it. I have one more row of hexagons to knit, and then it will be done. I told myself I have to finish this one before I work on my next shawl.


Here is a detail of the swirls. Aren't they lovely?


I've enjoyed Hansi Singh's book about Amigurumi (knitting creatures). I made 4 sea stars from the book; 3 for Christmas gifts that I didn't take photos of. But when my Grandma saw one of the stars, she said she'd like one, too. Here it is, made from Cascade 220. The colorful underside is from natural colored Cascade 220 that the kids and I dyed with food coloring a year or two ago. I'm glad I found a use for it! I've got 2 skeins of it, and am not sure what to do with these interesting colors!



Then there are these silly little mitts. They are from Malabrigo yarn, which I adore, and the pattern is simple enough, but apparently I can't count. Oh well, it makes me happy to wear them. I wear them more than I thought I would. It sure makes a difference keeping the drafts off the wrists.


And finally, the first hat I made for myself. I forget the yarn I used, but the pattern is great, and I get lots of compliments on it. I made the same hat out of different yarn for my Mother-In-Law, and I really like it.
Oh, there are so many more projects on my list, and drool-worthy yarn in my stash. So much knitting, so little time!

No comments: