Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Cookies

We managed to squeeze in some cookie making this weekend.  I searched the internet to find some recipes for wheat-, dairy-, corn- and soy-free cookies.  I decided to try this recipe from The CELIAC web site.  They turned out pretty good.  They are sweet enough to eat on their own, but would be nice with some frosting.  I want to try making some corn-free powdered sugar to make frosting. This is our first year trying to get through the holidays on restricted diets.  It is challenging, but I am so thankful for the internet, which makes finding alternative recipes easier. 


Gabriel helped me with making the dough, and was involved in cutting out most of the cookies.  Annika got to cut out a few, too.  They baked up quickly.  Once again, the only reason we did this was because Gabriel begged me over and over.  I feel like it would be so easy for me to skip a lot of these traditional activities.  Having a child who cares, and who thrives on the traditions and special activities of each season really helps keep me moving and forces me to make the extra effort.  I am glad to have cookies to snack on, and I enjoy the memories we create.  
 

No comments: