Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hiking, Anacortes with friends



Last Friday was the last day of spring break.  The weather was shaping up to be good, so we went hiking with our friends.  I've posted a complete report and lots of photos at nwhikers.net.  It was a wonderful hike!  I find myself going back there in my memories, trying to recapture the feelings of contentment from the day.  I guess that's one of the reasons I am so into hiking.  It sticks with me for a long time.  My kids feel similarly; Gabriel asked me today when we were going hiking again.  Unfortunately, our weekends are pretty packed for the next several weeks, and he doesn't have any more days off from school until the first week in May.  Sorry, buddy, it makes me sad, too.  The summer isn't too far off, and we'll be able to get out a lot.






No comments: