Monday, March 30, 2009

Anacortes

I have an amazing husband.  He gave his blessings for me to take a couple of days off.  I drove up to Anacortes yesterday, all by myself, and checked into a B&B.  When I got there, I didn't know what to do with myself.  No one to take care of, no chores to do - so I took a little nap.  Then I got up and went on a hike at Washington Park.  It was a good test for my recently repaired ankle.  

That evening I finished the book I've been reading for the past month, knitted, and wrote in my journal.  I slept like a log!  No one woke my up during the night, and I slept in as long as I wanted.  After a leisurely and peaceful breakfast I explored some of the views around the area and walked around town.

 
I bought some wonderful fabric at a quilting store, and some yarn and a pattern at a yarn shop.  (Of course, hubby insists that I finish the projects I have started before beginning new ones.)  After lunch, I felt like I had spent enough time away.  It was time to go home to my snuggly children and adoring husband.  Thanks, Dear, it was just what I needed!

 

No comments: