Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back Again

I took some time off from blogging here.  My husband was diagnosed with colon cancer at the end of April.  Two days later he was in the hospital having it removed.  The last day in the hospital, he found out he was getting laid off.  

He is fine now, recovering well, and won't need any more treatments.  Because he got an early colonoscopy (he was almost 40), he caught the tumor at stage 1 before it had a chance to spread.  His father died from colon cancer, so he thought he'd get screened, and we are really glad he did.  
So, the last month and a half I've been busy at home trying to take care of hubby and the kids and yard and cats.   I've been trying to swallow the shock, focus on the positive, and trust in the future.  It has been such a treat to have hubby home.  Yeah, there is the teeny-tiny stress about money.  And the little infection in hubby's incision, which is healed up, thank you very much.

I'll try to catch up on some of the more interesting positive things that have happened lately. And I'll try to write more often again.  I hope some of you are still out there!

No comments: