Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fame! Fortune! Success!


Well, success, at least.  I was thrilled recently when I picked up the magazine that my first published article appeared in.  It's an essay about a hike I took with my kids last summer, when a bunch of things went wrong.  It appears in AdventuresNW magazine, out of Bellingham.  What a thrill it was to see my words in print, with photos I took!  It was very satisfying to work with an editor and go through the whole process of writing and editing the essay.  Of course, the modest paycheck was pretty exciting, too.  I am super thankful for the class I took from Nicholas O'Connell last fall, and the encouragement I got from several friends and acquaintances.  The article isn't available online yet, but it will be when the next issue comes out, at the end of the summer.  Now I just gotta figure out what to write next.....

No comments: