Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Almost Official

I finally defeated my procrastination and turned in our paperwork to homeschool Gabriel next year. We are signing up for our district's Homeschool Resource Center, at least in the beginning, to get a feel for what options we have and to build a support network for ourselves. I had a strange feeling dogging me all day, and it took me awhile to figure out what was wrong. I think I was panicking. I know most new homeschooling parents feel this way, but the daunting responsibility combined with my lack of confidence and knowledge of what I am doing filled me with anxiety. School doesn't even officially start until after Labor Day, but Gabriel is begging me to start already. I think I need to work out a plan and some simple routines for our days. I'll try to keep you posted on our progress. Should be interesting!

No comments: