Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Visit to the Conservatory



About a week and a half ago, Gabriel was asking to go out on one of our wonderful autumn afternoons and visit the Volunteer Park Conservatory. This historical building is a fun outing for when we only have a few hours but want to be transported to another place. I love that my kids are both so delighted to visit such a place. I let Gabriel use our old digital point and shoot to compose some of his own photos. I realized, though, that I haven't unloaded them to my computer yet! Oh well, here are some of mine from the day.

Enter into a magical land

Flowers in cages

Colors and textures

A room full of cacti

Patterns in nature

Funky prickles

Orchids of all colors, sizes, and fragrances

Photographer in action

I've never seen the flower of a pitcher plant before

Grow to the sun!




No comments: