Monday, September 29, 2008

Mail Call!

We got a bunch of stuff in the mail today.  I love getting mail (not bills, though!) I got a package of Wrap-N-Mats from Reusablebags.com.  They are little mats that you can wrap a sandwich or snack in, and you can wash them and reuse them over and over.  I hope they will help me reduce the amount of plastic zipper bags I use.  I try to wash those out and reuse them, but they still turn into garbage that will last forever, so I have been looking for opportunities to reduce the number I throw away.

Aaron got two packages of software, one is a trial version of a program and another is Photoshop, so we can work on our photos easier.  Aaron is also busy scanning some old glass negatives that we found in our garage when we move in.  Stay tuned for more on that in future posts.

Finally, I got a book I have been waiting for eagerly: Home: Chronicle of a North Country Life by Beth Powning.  It is full of luscious photos and sensitive, observant writing from her years living in a farmhouse in New Brunswick, Canada.  I started reading it as soon as I opened it, and had a hard time pulling myself away to attend to the children.  Eventually I did put it down, but am looking forward to diving in again this evening.  I meant to put a link to Powning's website here yesterday.  You can find out more about her there, and see some of her other books.

No comments: