Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving

I recently came across a wonderful blog by a woman named Katy Park, and I was inspired by an idea she had, so I decided to shamelessly copy it.  She blogged for thirty days about what she was thankful for.  So, since today is the first day of a new month, I thought I'd begin here, and do my best to write an entry each day for something I am thankful for.  I know it'll be good for me!

There are many things I thought about posting today, but I must begin with the most important: my faith.  I am thankful for faith in God.  I am thankful that he heard my prayers and brought me to a group of people who could explain things to me and help me on the road to a relationship with him.  I am thankful he hasn't given up on me as I've struggled through the years, and that he has helped me to grow through the difficult times.  I am thankful for the example of Jesus and his sacrifice that means I don't have to be perfect.  I am thankful for the Bible, which has answers to everything, and which has limitless depth and provides inspiration, direction and comfort.  There are many other benefits of my faith, but I'll stop here for tonight.  I'll be back tomorrow with another entry.

No comments: