Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day Sixteen


There are a lot of things I could write about today, but I have to brag a little about my son Gabriel.  This weekend he has been busy making books.  He'll take two or three pieces of paper, staple or tape them together, and write and illustrate a book.  They are mostly non-fiction - "How to Make a Computer" or "How to Make Your Own Galaxy."  He is pretty creative about trying to spell out all the words, but he is writing so much, and drawing the cutest pictures too.  He spent several hours today and yesterday creating books and drawing in general.  

Then this evening he wrote in his journal - a small notebook that his grandparents gave him.  He wrote about his feelings and his day, and about what he wants to do when he grows up.  I never told him to do any of this; it is all his own initiative from what he sees me doing.  I am super thankful for my son, who never ceases to amaze and surprise me with his thoughts and abilities.
 

No comments: