Saturday, October 4, 2008

Common Ground

Today I came across a really interesting website that uses still photos, along with video, audio, and musical scores, to tell a story.  It's multimedia photojournalism.  One of the stories included on the website is called Common Ground.




This production compares two families.  The first is an older couple who farmed their land, and the second is a family that bought a house in the subdivision that developers built after the farming family sold the farm.  The photographer, Scott Strazzante, made amazing comparisons that showed ways in which the two families were so alike.  I have been thinking about this little clip all afternoon; thinking about how powerful stories are, and how they connect people.  It almost makes me wish I went into photojournalism.  I'm not sure what else to say about it, but I do look forward to exploring that site more.

No comments: