Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day Five

This evening I have been scratching my brain trying to figure out my entry for the day.  I thought about how I am feeling tired and weak and daunted about the week ahead.  Then I thought about how relieved I feel because I have some friends coming to help me with the kids this week as I recover from surgery.  When I admit I am weak and need help, and when someone offers help and I take them up on that offer, I receive more than just the help.  I also receive peace.  Perhaps not everything will get done this week, and I know I am in for some trying moments, but I am grateful because my life is full of people who want to help me.  I am so fortunate.  I hope I can focus on my gratitude and not my grumpiness tomorrow!  

No comments: