Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Walk in the Park

Gabriel asked me the other day, "Why don't you ever take us hiking any more?"  Well, there is the small matter of my recent foot surgery; the inconvenience of him being in school; snow; holidays; general fatigue..... but instead of logically answering his question, I told him I'd plan a trip for us for the weekend.  Somewhere close, with gentle trails for my recovering ankle.  I chose Seward Park, since they have a new Audubon educational center, and I've never been there before.  We had a really nice few hours there.  I'll post a few photos here.  If you want to read the whole report and see more photos, you can go to nwhikers.net and read my trip report.

We met Lumpy the Tortoise



The snowberries are hanging on


Tiny fungi


Annika reads the map


Boys and sticks...


No comments: