Friday, April 23, 2010

Field Trip to the Science Center


Fridays are field trip days when we can swing it, and the kids requested a visit to the science center downtown. The weather wasn't very good for outdoor adventures, so I agreed that this was a good idea. The Science Center had an exhibit on traveling to Mars, as well as their regular exhibits.

Rock from Mars

We spent some time with the robotic dinosaurs, watched a live presentation about combustion, and soaked up the warmth in the butterfly house.



The highlight for me was watching an IMAX movie about repairing the Hubble telescope, and the pictures it has been able to take. I can't even explain the wonder and awe I felt watching, in 3D, the universe unfold. Galaxies upon galaxies, billions of stars and systems floating around out there. Words escape me at the moment, but trust me, if you have a chance to see this movie, it is well worth the money.

I'll end this post with some photos I took yesterday in the garden. The sun was so lovely at the end of the day, and things are changing so quickly out there with the warmer weather. Enjoy!

The helebores are making seeds


False Solomon's Seal blooming


I'm looking forward to strawberries in a month or two!


Spider babies in the sun


Spring peas sprouting!!

No comments: